Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chinese New Year

My Chinese New Year resolution is to have lots of hongbaos and my target for this year is $250!
On Sunday, which is the CNY Eve, my family and I had our reunion dinner in a Chinese restaurant. We had chili crabs, steamed fish, cereal prawns and of course, shark fin’s soup. After the sumptuous dinner, we took a walk in Labrador Park, to aid our digestion. My grandparents started their long-grandmother-story while we walked. We had heard this almost every year! Then, we went home, though tired but jubilant, to watch the New Year’s countdown show.
On Monday and Tuesday, we went to our relatives’ houses to pay them a visit. I gave them two mandarin oranges and said some CNY greetings in exchange for a hongbao. The feeling of counting the hongbaos at night was truly thrilling. On Tuesday, we went to Johor Baru (JB) as most of my mother’s relatives were there. Luckily, there is no school for me on Wednesday so I can do my homework the next day.
On Wednesday, we mostly spend our time at home, thus, I used this time to do my homework.
Happy Chinese New Year to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment