Friday, April 24, 2009

Sec 1 NCC Camp Feast

On 2o-21 April, we, the sec 1 of HCINCC went to Ang Mo Kio where the NCC HQ is located. We spent a fun and interesting 2 Day- 1 Night camp there. Alot of schools were there like New Town, West Spring, Nan Hua High and the one that I can't forget most--- Crescents' Girls. The Crescent girls really gave me a deep impression and they let me think again what NCC is like. They were so disciplined, more "obedient" than boys.
They even had their own club water bottles and attire. Maybe I should suggest this to my seniors. I was so-called traumatised when they could 'stone' under the hot sun for two long hours, and they neither moved nor talked! For the boys, including our school, we just chatted happily, as if no one was watching. Unluckily, one of the 'Sirs' saw our act and he decided to 'knock us down' ( which means to make us do push-ups). At first, all the boys were pumping and the girls continued being statues. Then, a Malay boy from Kent Ridge shouted, "Sir, u taught us the meaning of 'one for all, all for one', so I think that the girls should pump with us to show team spirit!!!" After hearing his words, my eyes widened and jaw dropped, body still in the pumping position. I think it was not only the boys, the girls were shocked too!(Haha!!)
After much consideration, the Sir ordered the girls to pump. Giggles could be heard among the boys. The boys were told to do 30 whereas the girls---15. This was the most interesting and shocking experience I had in NCC!
The food provided there was not too bad( since the name of the camp is Camp Feast). Surprisingly, we slept on beds and I thought it was tents at first. For the whole of two days, we did abseiling, flying fox, shooting paintballs at targets and the night performance! Actually, when I was told to go up the 5-storey building for the flying fox, my legs really wobbled and went numb instantly! After all the safety measures were checked, I was told to sit on the edge of the building, ready to jump. I really felt like backing out but it was all too late. The staff pushed me down with his legs and here I went!! The experience was really thrilling and fascinating. My newly- made friend from West Spring did the Flying Fox for three times as he joked in improper English, " Why u so stupid? U know, outside, one trip costs 70 Bucks and I can save 210 Bucks if I go for three times!" What a typical Singaporean!
After all camp, we exchanged contacts with one another. We reached the school at 4pm. What a fun and exciting camp I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment