Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I rather be the city rat than the country rat

I would rather be the city rat than the country rat. Why is this so?
It is because I can get to eat more food and have a nice and comfy place to live in. If I were to live in those dirty villages, I would not have enough food to eat as the rubbish disposed by the villagers is little. The villagers not wasting resources so easily causes the low amount of rubbish disposed by the villagers, sadly for me, food for rats is insufficient. Also, due to the presence of my enemies such as snakes and cats, I cannot find a safe and peaceful place to live in.
However, if I were to live in cities, where buildings and transportation are common, I would then able to find plenty food and a safe place to live in. It is because the city folks do not treasure resources as much as villagers do and as a result, the amount of waste disposed is high. I can then able to find food from the rubbish in the bins, such as half-eaten fish and expired canned food. Also, I can find a safe place to live in by hiding in man-holes or buildings, where snakes and cats are not around.
That is enough. Let me change back to myself; a student! From the words above, I think you can guess the irony between the village and city.
In villages, people cherish things and they would not dispose things just because they are useless. For example, if a canned food has expired, the villager will not throw it away, but to either feed it to dogs or eat it himself. For city folks, it is a different case. Due to the ample amount of resources, they do not cherish them and can bear to throw them away without hesitation. This shows the good point of living in villages from the view of a rat.
Next, there are no snakes or few stray animals in the streets of cities as the people want to have a clean and peaceful environment to live in. However, in the case of the villages, there are a lot of snakes and wild animals. It can be due to that the villagers do not really care or they do not emphasis on hygiene. From this piece of evidence, we can infer that cities is better than villages in terms of hygiene.(I know it is a long post. Pls bear with it. J)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kenneth here. I feel that after reading your posts, I still do not know whether you prefer living in cities or villagers. You explained that villagers cherish resources but the urbanites do not, which I think I will admire the villagers more since they will not cause environmental problems, then you went on to explain that cities are more hygienic than villages. Not necessarily villagers must be more unhygienic than cities.

    I do agree hygiene is another plus point for cities, but the way you explained the cities' hygiene and the villages' saving of resources make your post ambiguous.

    Next, the reason on hygiene is not really well-substantiated because villagers do not mean they do not treasure hygiene. Do you see them dump rubbish in a improper manner and spit in public places? I do see them in the cities. Snakes and cats are there because they do not kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy! Nice view of the pros and cons of cities and villages by a rat! I agree with Kenneth that your reasons are not that clear and thus causing readers not to understand what you prefer.

    In the beginning, you mentioned that you prefer cities because of more rubbish disposal by the city dwellers. This will cause environmental and hygiene problems. However, you contradicted yourself by saying that "cities is(are) better than villages in terms of hygiene" at the end of your post.

    Although there are more snakes and wild animals and more environmental problems in villagers, it does not mean they do not treasure hygiene, as what Kenneth commented. Fewer villagers don't spit, litter, throw rubbish anywhere,etc as compared to city dwellers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andy...I think when the worksheet says 'i rather be the city rat than the country rat' , it does not literally mean you are a 'rat'(I think?). Anyway you only touched on hygiene and food, what about other factors?I think because your views are from the point of view of a rat, your point is rather blur. I also feel that the villagers and the city dwellers have different financial status(and/or environment) and thus their abilities differ. Like what Ken said, the wild animals are present because they do not kill them, or they treat them as a natural sighting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually , I think being a city rat is not really a good idea . Those city people would call those pest agencies to get rid of you . However , those country people would probably let you eat their garbages .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andy. I am Dickson here. I think that you are being very inconsistent in your post.At first, you say that it is good to be a villager as you would not be eaten. Next, you say it is good to live in the city as there will always be food for you to eat. So, what is your point?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jun Xuan here. From your post above, a can see that you inferred the question as to put yourself in the shoe of a rat. A very interesting post you have here, and I agree that cities are more hygienic than villages, however, the points that you make in the point of view of the rat is similar to the point of view of a student. Furthermore, I still do not know where you stand.

    ReplyDelete